Monday, August 1, 2011

Letting Em See You Sweat

Today I made it to work very early… almost 2 hours early to be honest.

I gave myself a lot of extra time to take into account more traffic during rush hour as I had not tried to make it through that before. Luckily there is a Dunkin Café near the building, so I had a breakfast sandwich and a coolatta.

Getting a bus into the city from the condo was easy. I walk two blocks to Blvd East and then wait for any bus coming by that says "New York" easy enough. The ride in is even a pretty one in part….



Even with a slowdown going through the Lincoln Tunnel and me having to stop and sort out a couple of subway information boards a few time to figure out which one I was supposed to be on, I still managed to make it to my work building in just under an hour. Not bad.

You know it's very different when you are strolling around a city on a Friday with a friend trying to sort out the transit system than when you are trying to do it solo and look nice for work at the same time.

I went into the 101.9 FM NEW newsroom just before 10 and by 10:30 I was id'd, paperworked, badged and heading out on my first story... ok not MY first story, but I was tagging along with Kathleen Maloney as she talked to commuters about the fact that the C subway is a haven for all kinds of bacteria. I take the 1 to work, it was not that bad looking... but the C & E subway terminal off Spring street - YUCK!!!! If you're up this way you can listen to her reports on it this afternoon!

By the way, since I went out on the story that means the sweating that I had finally stopped by being in a building, it was back!! UGH!!!

On the topic of sweat....

Observation #1 – Stress makes you sweat. I am not used to being stressed. I am not a fan of the sweat.

Observation #2 – It's as hot here as in Florida. The difference being that in Florida we stay inside when it's hot – you know, where the air conditioning is! Up here, everything you do involves a lot of outside walking… thus more sweating.

We'll see just how good Secret is today ☺

3 comments:

  1. Just hum Billy Idol's "Hot in the City"

    in case you've forgotten:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poINzGrJils

    Patricia Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "101.9 FM NEW newsroom" Wondering if there is a way to tune in online Michelle?!

    ReplyDelete