Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Green Space!!!

One of my biggest fears as I headed up to NY/NJ was that I was only going to see concrete and asphalt. I am used to a one acre backyard with LOTS of green space. So, when I saw a condo that was right across the street from a big park, I was thrilled.

It has plenty of areas to walk, jogging trails, a lake, playgrounds and sports fields and a lot of area for picnics! Here are a few pics from the park






Amelia and Susie are also fans of the park as I was able to snag a few acorns and some leaves for them to munch on.

Amelia checking out the branch...

Susie chomping on a leaf.

NJ acorns are MUCH larger than the ones from my yard in Fla (yes, I had frozen some from FLA and brought them to NJ).

I think Amelia prefers the NJ ones...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that park is beautiful! Everything sounds so good: your condo,the environment, your work and the food. :D One question: I know the Amelie's story but I've missed something cause I don't know how did you get Susie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos Michelle...really like the blue building but can not figure what it is exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paivi - Susie is a squirrel I rescued from a home where she was all alone and left in a cage outside earlier this summer. Since then she and Amelia have become best buddies. They are even sleeping in the same box together every day now :)

    Tod - I am not sure what that building is either... I plan to figure it out over time :)

    ReplyDelete