Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Zarkana by Cirque du Soleil

Coming in at number 4 out of 5 in the shows I saw last week was Zarkana at Radio City Music Hall. This was not because it was bad, but it was a circus show... not something that pulled me in dramatically, so it moved down to 4 of 5.

Automatic point in it's corner – it was at Radio City Music Hall!!!

I had never been inside the building before, and it's a WOW space! Beautiful!

Zarkana itself was an enjoyable show, but I don't think I liked it as much as I did La Nouba in Orlando. The stand out acts were the girl with the tennis balls (who gets all of 1 second in the promotional video below) and the sand artist. They were both amazing to watch!

There were also a number of acrobatic acts I had not seen before which made me tired just watching them... especially that single solitary guy in the baggy shirt... he's in the promo too...

The clowns also had some very fun gimmicks that I had not seen before that made me smile. That takes some work since I am not usually a big clown fan, but they were really cute!


Musically, it was a rock opera. Some parts were enjoyable to the ears...other parts had me cocking my head to the side like a confused duck trying to sort out what the song was trying to add to the show.

Overall, it was enjoyable to watch and a nice visual diversion for the evening... and if you like ciqrue style shows, I think you'll really enjoy it.

Here's the trailer for it so you can take a glimpse






No comments:

Post a Comment