Friday, May 11, 2012

Michael Winslow Joins Voca People This Week!

If you like a Capella music, beat boxing, and Michael Winslow, the man of 10,000 voices, I have the show for you. He is joining Voca People on stage over the next week.

Voca People are regularly playing at the New World Stages. But this week Winslow will be popping on stage for a couple minutes to add his vocal magic to the performances.

I saw the show the first night he was on. My thoughts?

I had never seen Voca People before. I thought their voice work was simply magnificent. The alien storyline that went with the show I could give or take. Honestly, they could be in regular street clothes and give a concert and I would happily shell out my cash. They are masterful with the music they create..

I have also been a fan of Michael Winslow since his Police Academy days. Yes, I know I am dating myself. In the show that I saw he popped on stage for a few minutes, but that was it. I left wanting more. I wanted him to have more spotlight time and really let go with the sounds!

Learn more about the show on their website. Click Here

You can also listen to the story, and hear a little of their sound, below:


No comments:

Post a Comment