Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I am about to make a LONG one-way drive north.

The reason is simple - a offer I couldn't refuse! I was offered a position with Merlin Media in New York City. For those non-radio folks. NYC is the #1 market. I am essentially jumping the ladder to the top rung. This is not the first time I have been offered a way to climb the ladder. I have gotten offers in LA, DC, Denver, Miami, etc... but those did not outweigh all the things I had where I was.

In Orlando I have worked with some of the kindest people ever! They are my other family. I love them dearly and it tugs at my heart to leave them as it does to leave my blood family and other friends here.

Speaking of which, here are a few pictures and some audio from this morning as I wrapped up my final day in the studio.

In honor of me and my pirate life, they all donned pirate garb!



Sports Director Tom Morgan outfitted me with my first piece of NY wear...a Yankees shirt



And the news family got me a beautiful bag to carry computers, pirate items and everything else I will need in The City.



There was also an audio send-off on the air with Bud Hedinger... Here's a link

And leaving was hard.... sometimes really hard as I had to pry Jenna off of my neck.....



But NYC and the people I will be working with at Merlin was an offer I had to jump at.

I will fill you in more on that later, but suffice it to say Merlin Media in my humble opinion it has been built on a set of creative, talented and visionary names. I can't tell you how honored I am to be offered to be a part of this brilliant group. More to come on that front as I settle in and get to work.

Right now, it's moving time. The truck is packed except for a few last minute things and I will be putting those in this afternoon. I am hitting the road tomorrow morning on a 24-hour trek to North Bergen, NJ to my new home.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. mama watson always wishes you a great adventure in new and exciting waters argh!!!!love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best Michelle...and your work mates sending you off, honoring you by wearing pirate garb is really touching!!!

    ReplyDelete