Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Wide Open Road of Philly.... almost....

So, I found myself back in Philadelphia today.... After a little training and some meetings I found myself wandering about a little outside Philly proper wondering what to do. Well... if you leave a wench to wander around too much (even on in a blouse skirt and heels) she'll come across a pirate. Except this pirate didn't have a ship... Nope, Pirate Wayne had a beautiful Harley and offered a tour of the Delaware River.


Note to all women!!! Today is why you always have a pair of shorts in the car to change into. I have no doubt my blouse looked a little funny with the shorts, but at least I had a change of clothes for the ride without flashing the world! I'm also not sure the helmet went with the blouse, but I think I made it work.... you tell me....


& here was my view from the back of the bike....



Unless you're my mom looking at this blog... in which case the below view was my view as we were of course driving slowly and carefully.....



So, more things I did not realize... how much green space is JUST outside the city limits of Philly. This was beautiful country.


Not to mention lots of history. I saw where Washington crossed the Delaware.... the American Revolution Library and a LOT of hold homestead and farm museums and historic sites. And homes like this one that are even privately owned and lived in, but still the way they were hundreds of years ago.



I also went through cute New Hope, Pa, a nice little Victorian town, that I had heard about from some of the Philly radio station folks earlier in the day. It really was as adorable as they said, but my phone was dying so I only got one picture... of a dog walking a parrot.... :)



And as all great tours must have, there was even a stop for ice cream!

All I have to say is I really love the spontaneous moments in my life!

And now I have more places that I want to go back and explore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment