Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Inappropriately Funny Moments (aka Darn you Bobby Lopez!)

You know how a sound, image or smell can bring back memories? Or perhaps trigger a song to start playing in your head? Maybe a song that you hum out loud only to realize it might have been seen as a bit inappropriate? Well, let me take you to the NY Subway system today.

I hopped on the 1, on my way to a press conference uptown.

At the first stop along the way, four young Mormon elders stepped aboard.

Everything was just fine until I combined the image of these young men with the sound of the doors of the subway door closing...

The image and the ding-dong of the train sent my head off in it's own direction and that direction was to start playing "Hello", the opening song of Book of Mormon. (If you are not familiar with it, listen below).

Now you can see how I made the connection. The visual of the elders in their white shirts, ties and name tags (as in the opening scene), and the chimes from the subway were just too much to ask my mind to overlook! My brain started singing the words and I caught myself humming along, all the while standing just a few feet away. I am not sure if they heard me, but Elder Malm did not look very entertained.

At least he didn't tell me I had earned myself an express trip to burn in hell.....o!!

No comments:

Post a Comment