Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Recap

I know I am a couple days behind... it's been a crazy week. I've been from here to Connecticut and back doing post-snow coverage, so please forgive the tardiness in these pictures....

On Halloween I went to the Greenwich Village parade... this is no typical parade. As a matter of fact it's more a costume parade than anything and the costumes are quite creative!

I covered the parade for the station, which meant I was doing live reports every 20 minutes during the parade.

Hours before the parade started, the prep started... This first picture is on that I found funny. There were a couple artists who were body painting some women for the parade... Now there were plenty of other things for photographers to shoot... but you would be amazed at how fast the men ran over and started snapping their cameras when there was a naked woman. So, I shot them taking a picture of her and got some dirty looks :)



Ok, now some cute/interesting/unique costumes I saw on the street....



The theme of the parade was 'Eye of the Beyholder' and the disembodied eye... This costume was fantastic!


Some of the tall puppets that would be taking to lives on the backs of some parade volunteers in a few hours...


FAVORITE COSTUME!! The Wolf in Sheep's clothing!!


It's Les Nesman!!!!!



This was quite the costume... Check out the hair in the briefcase!


I felt right at home! There were astronauts!


Ok, parade time! The opening of the parade had lots of floating eyes... remember the theme...



Ok, so now some fun costumes from the parade.... It was the same day that Kim Kardashian announced her divorce... the sign says 'Just divorced - Kim's free!'


Dead Gaddafi showed up!


As did Bill and Monica...


ET PHONE HOME!!!


and now a little video piece for you.......

I didn't get everything I wanted. I was working after all... but I got a few clips...

Note the big eye in the middle. It is projecting the images of eyes that were send in to them... as in people videoed their eyes and so they could have been in the parade looking at themselves :)

Also, the Thriller group was awesome. Not only did they do the dance, but note they have a Michael Jackson and the girlfriend from the video in the front :)

and the band... well they were playing Time Warp, so I had to add a clip!

No comments:

Post a Comment